Memes. In just a few short words and a funny picture, they can often perfectly describe what life with anxiety is really like. While there’s nothing funny about struggling with your mental health, sometimes a little humor can go a long way — especially on a Sunday night when you’re feeling anxious about the week ahead.
While of course, memes can’t cure anxiety sparked by the anticipation of a new week, they can offer a momentary distraction if you’re struggling to do some last minute chores, or trying to will yourself to get ready for bed.
No matter what kind of mental state you’re in going into this week, we hope these memes can bring a smile to your face.
If you use humor to cope with anxiety, here’s a roundup of some memes that might make you chuckle:
1. When you’ve been avoiding people all weekend…
2. When you fixate on the one interaction that went wrong…
Continue reading this story...
Okay, let’s be real: you’re jamming out to Twenty One Pilots’ “Stressed Out” because it’s an amazing song, but mainly because it just gets you: you’re really stressed out. You’re constantly getting texts, emails, messages, alerts throughout the day, and you’re never unplugged. When are you supposed to respond to all of them?! How can you possibly make time for the twelve hours of homework assigned each night plus all the clubs/plays/sports you’re in? Why do you have to pay for Tidal to listen to Kanye’s new album??!! *pulls all of hair out in clumps*
You know that being stressed isn’t good for your health (or your looks for that matter). Still, you can’t seem to get rid of that anxious feeling that follows you around all day. People try to give you advice like, “Don’t be stressed!” GEE, THANKS. You constantly feel like you’re letting people down because you’re overextended. You’re not in a good place, but you constantly tell yourself, “Just get through this, and then you can finally relax.” Whether that’s this week, this month, or this year, you’ll make it through somehow.
If you’re stressed right now (and God Bless You if you’re not), you’ll relate to these posts:
1. You compare yourself to peak stress, which is obviously this:
2. You thought you were hiding it well, but you’re not.
3. Everyone is commenting on it…
4. But you still try to hide it.
5. You when you’re like, “Look! I’ve got it under control!”
View post on imgur.com
6. Also you, trying to pretend you’re fine.
7. The stress is pretty much taking over your life.
8. People don’t get it.
9. You might kill the next person who says this:
10. You’re in a terrible cycle.
11. You’re so stressed that you’re immobile.
12. You’re just going to hide for awhile.
13. You can’t stop telling people that you’re stressed.
14. There is no end in sight.
15. Just when you think you have your life under control. . .
16. Literally couldn’t get any worse.
View post on imgur.com
17. You know a lot of it is mental.
18. But you’ve got it covered!
Are you super stressed out? Let me know in the comments below!
Like this post? Follow the author Richelle Meiss on twitter, instagram, and youtube!
31 Times Tumblr Perfectly Explained Your School Struggles
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram
Posted in: For Laughs
Tags: memes, mental health, stressed, stressed out, tumblr